The Museum building was the original Holy Innocents Episcopal Church, designed by the Wilson Brothers, a prestigious architectural firm in Philadelphia, Pa. The church was built in 1882 by Mrs. Charles Parry. The design of the church is known as shingle style.
By the 1970's, the Episcopal Church needed larger quarters so the historical building went up for sale. In 1975, the Long Beach Island Historical Association bought it - and the rest is history.
The Museum is designed with an open floor plan to allow easy access as you move from exhibit to exhibit. There is also an area to sit and conduct research, take notes or simply browse through the many articles, books and thousands of photographs.
The building is handicap accessible and child-friendly with scavenger hunts, STEAM curriculum and a touch and feel area.
Memberships provide wonderful benefits and supports our goal to preserve and conserve Long Beach Island's history.
Become of member of the Long Beach Island Historical Association. As a nonprofit organization the LBIHA relies heavily on membership dues and donations.